Patient Participation Group
What is a PPG?
Patient Participation Groups (PPGs) were developed as a means to extend patient involvement in ways that encourage people to engage with the NHS. PPGs bring together those patients who take an interest in healthcare with representatives from their local practice.
West End Surgery PPG works in partnership aiming to continually improve the patient experience, ensuring services, plans, and activities respond to patients needs and priorities. The PPG is open to all patients registered at the practice.
The PPG members and practice representative attend meetings and organise events to raise awareness and facilitate education on a variety of health topics. The group also provides patient input and suggests improvements to local healthcare services.
What is the role of the PPG?
- Encouraging patients to take greater responsibility for their own and their family’s health
- Advising the practice on the patient perspective and providing insight into the responsiveness and quality of services
- Carrying out research into the view of those who use the practice
- Organising health promotion events (i.e. speaker events) and improving health literature
- Ongoing communication with the patient population with a view to improving the service
- Constructive assessment of current practices and providing suggestions for improvement
PPGs are not a forum for complaints or a tool implementing government or any individuals pre-determined agenda nor is it intended to add unwanted extra workload to the practice.
`Virtual` PPGs, allow engagement with the wider practice population using email or forums and social media.
It is hoped that the surgery will be able to create a Virtual Group. Via this Virtual Group we will be able discuss issues coming up in our Practice. Hopefully using this forum will allow us to take into account your views and also those of a representative sample of all patients.
If you are interested in joining our virtual PPG please complete the form below and either hand in, post or email your form back to the practice.
Interest in Virtual PPG Form
The link to the forum page is: http://www.myppg.co.uk/forums/west-end-surgery-southampton-so30-3py.111/
In order to access this forum you would need to have completed an interest form and have your registration set up by the practice.